NEWS FROM THE MEN’S HEALTH FORUM
Contact our press officer.
Responding to a story from the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, Peter Baker chief executive of the Men’s Health Forum said:
'The problems with men’s health are clear. Many of the solutions are less obvious, but we now know enough to suggest with considerable confidence the approaches that are most likely to improve men’s health outcomes.'
The Men’s Health Forum has set out a ten-step programme to improve men’s health:
• Start with boys health education
• Improve men’s access to health services
• Improve men’s uptake of national NHS screening programmes
• Develop more and better male-targeted health interventions
• Exploit new settings for delivering men’s health services and improvement
• Include men’s health in professional training
• Initiate a sustained men’s health research programme
• Ensure that the NHS’s new equality delivery system is effective
• National health policy must embrace men much more comprehensively
• Local health policies must include men
1. The MHF is a charity that provides an independent and authoritative voice for male health in England and Wales and tackles the issues and inequalities affecting the health and well-being of men and boys.
2. The MHF is online at:
www.menshealthforum.org.uk for health professionals and policy makers, and www.malehealth.co.uk for fast, free, independent health info from the Men’s Health Forum.
@menshealthforum for updates on our work.
Page created on June 25th, 2012
Page updated on June 25th, 2012