We are a small but growing team based in central London.
Public relations (stakeholder events and public affairs focus) internship
The Men’s Health Forum is looking for a public relations intern to help deliver events and communications supporting our stakeholder engagement and campaigning work.
The Men’s Health Forum is the leading national health charity in England and Wales focusing on men’s health policy and practice. We work with parliamentarians including through our support for the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Men’s Health and with officials as a strategic partner of the Department of Health, NHS England and Public Health England.
Duration: At least 3 months preferred
Location: Office-based, London, SE1 0EH.
Wage: London Living Wage, currently £8.55ph
Hours of work: Part-time – 21 hours per week preferred, usually Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend and evening work possible.
This internship requires organisation and communication skills.
You will develop skills and experience working with a range of political and professional stakeholders organising events such as seminars, conferences and the work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Men’s Health, and through writing briefings on the issues and copy to promote the events. You will also gain experience in planning and preparing for a major health awareness week – Men’s Health Week which takes place each June.
You will also have the opportunity to research and write more broadly for our public and professional audiences.
You will report to the External Affairs Manager and work with the chief executive, policy officer, research officer and websites editor.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the planning, promotion and organisation of events for professional and political stakeholders
• Write briefings and promotional copy before events
• Liaise with attendees, speakers and project partners/sponsors (depending on event)
• Write news stories and reports after events
There will also be the opportunity to assist with press and social media work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Attention to detail in planning and organising
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to follow-through on direction and assignments from the External Affairs Manager
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Comfortable dealing with a wide range of people including chief executives, parliamentarians and doctors as well as able to write for the man in the street
• Ability to learn CMS and CRM systems (Salesforce)
• Empathy with the aims, goals and values of the charity.
• Knowledge of parliament, policy and health systems
• An understanding of charity sector
How to apply
Send a covering letter (no longer than one-side) and a CV to Colin Penning, External Affairs Manager at the Men’s Health Forum
Page created on October 16th, 2012
Page updated on October 15th, 2013